cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why system.vm.use.local.storage?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:46:32 GMT
I just find it annoying setting up a zone with local storage that I have to turn this setting
on.  If I have no shared storage, then system VMs won't deploy with out this parameter.  It's
just seems like a useless setting that might have been added because there is something else
in the system that isn't working right.

Darren

> On Oct 31, 2013, at 10:52 AM, Kelcey Jamison Damage <kelcey@backbonetechnology.com>
wrote:

> That's a good point. I know the system VMs are auto created if the system is aware of
their state being either 'Destroyed', 'Expunged'. If the state is 'Starting', or 'Started'/'Running'
then no actions are taken.

> In your scenario, the system VM would still be 'Started' in the database even though
communication is lost to the host, so no automatic action would be taken.