cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: S3 API broken in 4.2
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:17:20 GMT
Yes, either moving the line to constructor or using a local SearchBuilder will fix it - however
the S3 APIs part in awsapi project is not supported or updated for  a long time and may have
many other issues to get it working.

Prachi

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Shepherd [mailto:darren.s.shepherd@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:06 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: S3 API broken in 4.2

The S3 servlet never initializes.  A NPE is thrown in the init() method.  Basically there
is a silly bug in
CloudStackConfigurationDaoImpl.getConfigValue() that makes it so that the first call to the
method will work, the second call will get a NPE.  Since EC2 API servlet is set to load-on-startup,
the EC2 servlet always calls CloudStackConfigurationDaoImpl.getConfigValue() first and it
works.  The when you call S3, the init() method calls
getConfigValue() and a NPE is thrown.  The below line needs to be moved from getConfigValue()
to the constructor.

        NameSearch.and("name", NameSearch.entity().getName(), SearchCriteria.Op.EQ);

Darren