cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <h...@trippaers.nl>
Subject Re: OVS integration broken in 4.2 & master
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:47:54 GMT
Hey Murali,

This has already been done by Nguyen (tuna), we just need to get his patches from the sdnextension
branch into master soon.

Cheers,

Hugo

On 30 okt. 2013, at 08:11, Murali Reddy <Murali.Reddy@citrix.com> wrote:

> OVS integration for GRE overlay tunnels is currently broken in both master and 4.2. Till
4.1, Network Manager will loop through all the network elements for NIC prepare and release
so, OVS network element had chance to participate in the NIC prepare/release operations. This
behaviour in network orchestrator is changed to loop through only network elements that are
service providers for the network which is right way to do, but OVS network element is not
called due to this. I am planning to fix it by making Ovs network element as service provider
for 'Connectivity' service. This is in consistence with design of other SDN controllers integrated
in CS. So, to use GRE isolation, additional step is required to create a network offering
with 'Ovs' as connectivity service provider. Any concerns with this approach?