cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Syed Ahmed <sah...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: Adding "protocol" parameter to CreateLoadBalancerRule API
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:20:26 GMT
Thanks Alena,

So adding lb_protocol in load_balancing_rules should work fine as long
as the LB providers don't use the protocol field in the firewall_rules
table to create the correct type of LB on the device which I don't see (
atleast for Netscaler).

Thanks,
-Syed

On 13-10-28 03:11 PM, Alena Prokharchyk wrote:
> Syed, each network rule – PF/LB – currently has entries in in 2 tables. PublicIp/PublicPort/Protocol
+ State/Purpose and other generic fields that are the same for all the networking rules, are
being stored in firewall_rules. Other information is being stored in child tables. As an example,
for PF rules we store rule to vm mapping in portforwardingrules table.

> Firewall_rules table is being used by RulesManagerImpl/NetworkManagerImpl to manage the
life cycle of all the rules extending FirewallRule.