cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Contrail plugin
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:59:26 GMT
On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 09:43:39AM -0700, Pedro Roque Marques wrote:
> Chip,
>
> On Oct 8, 2013, at 7:23 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
>
> > As stated, I've imported the contrail plugin donation into the contrail branch.
> >
> > I've taken the time to add the ASF license header to all of the new files in that
branch.  I think we have to complete the following in order to merge into master.

> > 1) I'd like to see the package structure changed to match org.apache.cloudstack,
instead of the Juniper namespace.  We only have com.cloud namespaces for legacy reasons, and
are trying to consolidate into the apache ns.

> Will do.

Fantastic, thanks!

> > 2) Folks with past experience with network plugins need to review the plugin's code
and provide comments or +1s for a merge.  Chiradeep and Hugo, you've been "randomly" selected
to help on this...  ;-)  Pedro, I'll assume that you will be happy to provide patches via
reviewboard against this branch if changes are requested (including the package structure
noted above).

> Yes. There is a team of us at Juniper that will be working on the contrail plugin. We
will be more than happy to follow the structure that you recommend.

Hopefully we can get other's to provide feedback on the plugin code
itself...  I think that would be useful for all involved.

> > 3) I'd love if we could get some consensus on what additional tests and / or changes
to the test approach are needed.  Prasanna - as with Hugo and Chiradeep, you've been "randomly"
selected to at least provide some input here.

> Our plan at the moment is to:
>  - Add unit tests to cover all the <Object>Model classes.
>  - Create additional integration tests to cover the plugin integration with the CloudStack
NetworkManager. At the moment we are struggling a bit with the changes from 4.1 (where we
did most of the development) to 4.2 to 4.3...

That sounds like a great plan.  One request - please be sure that the
individuals doing the work are submitting their patches to the project
as individuals.  That'll eliminate any issues with going through the
clearance process, and give them the rightful credit for their
contributions.

>   Pedro.

Thanks Pedro!

-chip