cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: System VM
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 17:55:22 GMT
On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 05:43:16PM +0000, Jessica Tomechak wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Not arguing against it, but I would be very much interested in your reasoning behind
why having docs in a separate repo makes them easier to work on. What have we experienced
since this time last year which has led us to reverse the original decision to keep docs in
the same repo with code?

> And having mentioned this, also thanks to y'all for taking care of doing the actual split
and setting up the new repo.

> Jessica T.

Documentation has a different lifecycle from the code, since docs aren't
usually complete anywhere near feature complete.

Also, having it in a different repo will help contributors more easily
work with the documentation.  We are seeing a number of new folks in the
community that want to help on that front.

-chip