cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Girish Shilamkar <gir...@clogeny.com>
Subject Re: Http connection failure in marvin
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 05:20:47 GMT
Thanks Santhosh for the pointers. I will investigate on these lines.

Regards,
Girish

On 16-Oct-2013, at 3:02 PM, Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:

> Girish,
>
> Thanks for the bug. Few notes below.
>
> 1/ Can you please add the server GET\POST calls with params received at the server information
to the bug? This will help to know for which GET/POST call this issue has appeared?

> 2/ Under tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackConnection.py, there is a member function "request"
under cloudConnection class. If this exception is appearing quiet a good number of times.
Can you please add this specific exception( BadStatusLine ) to be caught and collect few specific
information for request sent,response recieved when that exception is caught in your next
run? The total url with args and body to be dumped etc in a file?

> 3/  We are using requests library to make http calls under marvin, it seems there is
a way to enable debug information for this library, check the below link. Please enable  the
debug information for this library and run the tests again to see by catching the complete
request payload when this specific exception is raised.

> http://docs.python-requests.org/en/master/api/#api-changes
>
> # these two lines enable debugging at httplib level (requests->urllib3->httplib)
> # you will see the REQUEST, including HEADERS and DATA, and RESPONSE with HEADERS but
without DATA.
> # the only thing missing will be the response.body which is not logged.
> import httplib
> httplib.HTTPConnection.debuglevel = 1
>

> 4/ One of the link suggests a trailing new line character for the request as the cause
for this issue. Adding complete server calls and debug information will  help to debug more
i believe?