cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sowmya Krishnan <sowmya.krish...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Review Request 14628: AutoScaling without NetScaler
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 05:55:08 GMT
Ok. Thanks. So will live storage migration of VM (using Xen motion) be supported with this
as well? Can I for ex: migrate one of the autoscaled VMs across clusters?
If yes, does it recalculate the scale up condition again after migrating the VM? And wondering
if the VM migrated will still be part of the LB rule?

From: Nguyen Anh Tu [mailto:ng.tuna@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:57 AM
To: Sowmya Krishnan
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Review Request 14628: AutoScaling without NetScaler

2013/10/17 Sowmya Krishnan <sowmya.krishnan@citrix.com<mailto:sowmya.krishnan@citrix.com>>
This is interesting... Got couple of questions, if I may,

of course, go ahead :-)

    What is the reason for the cluster limitation? Does it mean Autoscaling conditions are
evaluated for the LB within the cluster only?

Yes. Because Xapi RRDs can only collects information of VMs on a Xenserver pool (corresponding
a Cloudstack cluster) via master host. VMs in another pool are monitored by their own master
host. It's separated.

    Looks like the new counters to be used for non-netscaler configurations are  cpu, memory.

Yes, I added two counters cpu and memory for non-netscaler purpose.

Thanks,

--

N.g.U.y.e.N.A.n.H.t.U