cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Su...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Remove Setters from *JoinVO
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:02:53 GMT
I went ahead and removed all setters from *JoinVOs this morning and played around in my environment.
There were no compile errors since nobody called those setters, everything seems to be working
just fine and there aren't any errors in any of the logs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to properly test this? I can't imagine we're using
Java reflection somewhere to actually invoke the setter for a given field. Other than that,
with no compile errors, I don't see this causing any issues.

-Chris
--
Chris Suich
chris.suich@netapp.com

On Oct 10, 2013, at 1:40 AM, Koushik Das <koushik.das@citrix.com> wrote:

> Views are meant to be read only. So +1 for removing setters.
>
> On 04-Oct-2013, at 10:59 PM, "SuichII, Christopher" <Chris.Suich@netapp.com> wrote:
>
>> *JoinVOs are used to store entries from MySQL views, which are not editable. I think
removing setters from the *JoinVOs may help avoid some potential confusion as setters seem
to imply that the fields are editable, which they really aren't.

>> I started looking around and it looks like most setters in *JoinVOs aren't actually
used since the creation of *VOs is handled by java reflection. Please let me know if this
is not the case or if I'm misunderstanding the way the MySQL views work.