cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject Re: [WEBSITE] Question on adding ACS appliances to FAQ & Downloads
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:37:36 GMT
Thanks Dave.

- All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.

-------- Original message --------
From: David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>
Date: 09/02/2013 12:25 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [WEBSITE] Question on adding ACS appliances to FAQ & Downloads

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> I did not want to release CloudStack Appliance as under CloudSand, the intent was for
this to be Apache CloudStack official, but after consulting with Chip, he suggested I should
keep this as CloudSand (I guess for some legal reasons).

There are several issues. First Apache projects only 'release' source
code. We could provide something as a convenience binary, noting that
it is unofficial. However since this is linux-based there are plenty
of Cat-X licensed software, which is forbidden for us to redistribute.

Regardless, I am thrilled to see this work, thanks for doing it.

--David