cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Could not find corresponding resource manager for VMware
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 02:46:35 GMT
I think its documented (but I can't recall for certain). You need to use "-p nonoss" to package
nonoss packages.

Also you don't need to do "mvn install -Dnonoss". Its good to do it initially to confirm all
builds well, but going forward the packaging process will take care of It.

Regards
Ilya

- All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.

-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Phillips <mphilli7823@hotmail.com>
Date: 09/02/2013 10:33 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Could not find corresponding resource manager for VMware

I did not..
I added the jars to cloudstack using the "mvn install -Dnonoss" command then packaged it just
using "package.sh"
Guessing I was supposed to add the "-p nonoss" to that? Is that documented anywhere?

> From: imusayev@webmd.net
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Could not find corresponding resource manager for VMware
> Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 02:11:21 +0000
>
> Did you use package.sh -p nonoss ?
>

> - All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.

followed the instructions for the nonoss build perfectly, it installs the nonoss jars with
100% success, I then build the rpms, which all build with 100% success. I then install cloudstack
using the RPMS, but when I go to add a vcenter cluster I get the following message "Could
not find corresponding resource manager for VMware". Googling this message makes me believe
that my RPMS were not built with the nonoss options but I know for a fact they are. I have
tried the vmware jars downloaded from the "how to build on master branch" wiki, and also from
the vmware 4.1 and 5.1 SDK's...all result with the same resource manager error....What am
I missing?