cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sangeetha Hariharan <Sangeetha.Hariha...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Creating an instance with ssh key pair
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 15:55:01 GMT
To deploy Vm using ssh key pairs  you will need to use a template that has SSH Key Gen Scripts
in it.
Only then you will be able to  ssh into the instance using ssh key.

-Thanks
Sangeetha

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaurav Aradhye [mailto:gaurav.aradhye@clogeny.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:00 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Creating an instance with ssh key pair

Hello all,

If I create an instance providing ssh key pair while creation, and using a "normal template"
from the cloudstack setup, then will the SSH to vm using the keyPairFlieLocation always work?

Or the template which I am using for creating the instance has to be supporting SSH keys?
as explained in 5.2.1 section at http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Installation_Guide/using-sshkeys.html

In short, Is the SSH using keyPairFileLocation -  template dependent or will it always work
if I provide ssh key pair while creating instance and use normal template?

Regards,
Gaurav