cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: documentation/wiki is a mess
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 04:36:46 GMT
Hi,

We do not have a doc team as such :-)

We have a set of doc contributors that so far have not worked as a team. Probably, we should
think about  aligning the doc efforts and having a process and style guide in place.

If the FS is good enough, we need not trouble the code committers to write own docs is what
I feel.

Regards
-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasanna Santhanam [mailto:tsp@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:34 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: documentation/wiki is a mess

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 11:10:28AM -0700, Darren Shepherd wrote:

> The state of documentation of an open source projects says a lot about
> the community that develops it...

Esp. for XML documentation: I say we write our own docs if we want our feature to be used.
Or it dies a natural death in quiet isolation with no one ever using it. Docs team can handle
the editing and organizing bits. That should go for Wikis too. If you want the wiki to be
useful then write it, organize it and maintain it. Don't just put it there to fill a template.
It'll never recieve any love.

--
Prasanna.,