cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Federle <Brian.Fede...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] UI: New look and feel
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:11:07 GMT
Hi all,

In addition to the CSS code cleanup I'm working on, I am planning a 'reskin' of the current
UI to give a better user experience and look and feel. This will utilize SASS and a grid system
as I have discussed in the previous thread.

I created a task in JIRA and wiki functional spec, which has screenshots of what I've done
so far and what I plan to do:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Update+UI+visual+appearance

You can also checkout the ui-restyle branch on git, if you are able to manually compile the
cloudstack.scss file via SASS (that will be automated in the future). I can send over instructions
on how to compile SASS manually; it's pretty easy to setup.

Let me know what you think so far :)  I'll of course up and post more screenshots as I get
more done. This reskin is only changing the CSS mainly, with minimal changes to actual usage
or JS code, so it is basically a drop-in replacement for the current styling. I'm hoping to
get this in by 4.3, so please give me feedback on anything from the current UI you don't like
or want changed, and I can see about improving it.

Thanks!
Brian