cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL][SIMPLIFY] Future ACS RC testing
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:25:37 GMT
As mentioned on private, I think the reason we have so few responders when it comes to voting
- is because it takes considerable amount of time to build, test and QA. And if you take voting
serious as everyone should, you have to QA before you can vote.

Perhaps we should spent some time on automation and take an automation step further.

My next dream project is to create a set of 3 virtual appliances.

Set 1:

2 KVM Hypervisors preconfigured with NFS

1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code

Set 2:

2 XEN Hypervisors preconfigured with NFS

1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code

Set 3:

1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code

Set 3 get a bit hairy because of Virtual Center and licensing, so we abstract it and let folks
QA what they have.

Do you find this approach useful, or do you believe the build tests we do is sufficient?

Who can join or atleast share scripts they use to automate provisioning of KVM and XEN hosts?

I'm looking for set of "post" scripts they can configure XEN and KVM end 2 end.

Thanks
ilya