cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Should VPC VR go to Stop after all VMs are deleted?
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:06:04 GMT
Vpc router is not stopped even all the instances in a VPC are deleted. Router will remain in
running state until we explicitly stops/destroys it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sowmya Krishnan [mailto:sowmya.krishnan@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:51 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Should VPC VR go to Stop after all VMs are deleted?

When all instances in a VPC are deleted, I find the VPC router isn't stopped unlike normal
isolated networks. Is this expected?
I think it is, since initially when we create a VPC, when no VMs are created yet, we still
start up the VPC VR.

But we have a test (test_vpc_network. test_01_wait_network_gc) which checks for Router to
be stopped after stopping all VMs and waits for gc to kick in. Expected result is that, the
router should be stopped. I don't find this happening. I am not even sure this is the expected
behavior.