cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: VpcProvider doesn't really seems extensible
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:02:56 GMT
They should, Darren. "vpcservicemap" was added just in this release, and only shutdown/start
use it. We should fix it for applyStaticRoutes/applyVpcPrivateGateway/deleteVpcPrivateGateway.
I will file a Jira ticket for myself to fix it.

-Alena.

From: Darren Shepherd <darren.s.shepherd@gmail.com<mailto:darren.s.shepherd@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:52 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: VpcProvider doesn't really seems extensible

I'm looking to add a new VpcProvider, but it seems the code is
essentially hard coded to using the Provider.VPCVirtualRouter in
getVpcElements().  I could just add a setVpcElements() and inject my
own implementation, but I think it will run into some problems
(haven't tried, just reading the code)

Both shutdownVpc and startVpc both do the intersection of providers
supported by the VPC and getVpcElements(), so in theory only the
elements/providers applied to the VPC should get executed if you were
to have multiple VpcProviders.

applyStaticRoutes(), applyVpcPrivateGateway(), and
deleteVpcPrivateGateway() don't do the similar check and instead just
call of all getVpcElements().  Am I missing something here, shouldn't
those methods all check vpc_service_map?

Darren