cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (fourth round)
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:01:57 GMT
Agree with Animesh.
>From a somewhat selfish perspective, I've gone through 2 rounds of
testing, not relishing the 3rd round.
There are literally hundreds of features in CloudStack. Another delay
could bring one more bug (existing perhaps, or newly introduced).
And another round of testing.

Draw the line somewhere.
--
Chiradeep


On 9/9/13 10:51 AM, "Animesh Chaturvedi" <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com>
wrote:

>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
>> Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 8:25 AM
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (fourth round)
>> 
>> On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 10:42:48AM -0400, Simon Weller wrote:
>> > -1 from me as well.
>> >
>> >
>> > I know we're trying to hit timed releases, but I think it's very
>> important to preserve key underlying functionality across releases. If a
>> supported and documented feature is known to be broken, we need to
>> address it...if we don't, it's going to cause lots of pain, and reflect
>> badly on ACS as a project.
>> >
>> 
>> Agreed.  The idea of "time-based" is all about feature development.
>> Quality shouldn't be sacrificed.
>
>[Animesh>] But we have to draw the line at some point otherwise we cannot
>maintain a 4 month cadence. 4.3 code freeze is in just 6-7 weeks and this
>is our 4th VOTE round for 4.2. IMHO if something is in core orchestration
>layer, failed upgrade, cannot install and the likes and affects most
>users it should block a release. Other remaining issues should be picked
>up for subsequent maintenance release. May be we should discuss when
>should be the next maintenance release on 4.2, 4 weeks or 6 weeks rather
>than delaying 4.2.
> 


Mime
View raw message