cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject whoa! our official upgrade procedures require 8096?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 17:19:30 GMT
I complained once before that I didn't like the existence of 8096 but
then plenty responded that its an optional thing.  I just noticed in
another thread that cloud-sysvmadm requires 8096.  This is exactly why
8096 should not exist.  If we create an unauthenticated backdoor, its
just too tempting to use it.  So now as part of our official upgrade
procedures we tell people to turn on 8096 on a production cloud to
reboot the system VMs.  I don't think that's acceptable.

Darren