cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VpcProvider doesn't really seems extensible
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:44:32 GMT
Alena,

Additionally, there's a bit of discontinuity between VpcProvider,
NetworkElement, and Network.Service for me.  Could you help me here.
This is going to be confusing...

Basically, for each Network.Service there is a corresponding interface
that extends NetworkElement.  VpcProvider also extends NetworkElement
and seems as though there should be a corresponding Network.Service
for Vpc. If you were to add a Network.Service("Vpc") then it would
seem logical to me that when you are doing
startVpc/shutdownVpc/applyStaticRoutes/applyVpcPrivateGateway/deleteVpcPrivateGateway
you would look in vpc_service_map for the provider that provides
"Vpc."  Now if you were to do that, what value is vpc_service_map?
Sorry, all the provider to service to capability to
vpc/network/offering mappings are hard to follow and keep in my head.

Another weird thing is that for applyStaticRoutes you look for a
provider of StaticNat but then once you find it you call
VpcProvider.applyStaticRoutes.  Why the check for StaticNat?

Darren