cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Punith s <punit...@cloudbyte.com>
Subject DEVCLOUD 2 KEEPS FAILING, is DC2.ova corrupted???
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 06:14:40 GMT
hi folks,

i'm using a devcloud2.ova , it is perfectly getting imported into oracle
VirtualBox, but after starting the Xen server , the debian vm immediately
crashes popping up two error windows showing,

A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the
machine execution has been stopped.

A fatal error has occurred during virtual machine execution! The virtual
machine will be powered off. Please copy the following error message using
the clipboard to help diagnose the problem:

The guest is trying to switch to the PAE mode which is currently disabled
by default in VirtualBox. PAE support can be enabled using the VM settings
(General/Advanced).

i also checked my vlogs, found one error

*Console: VM runtime error: fatal=false, errorID=Ext4PartitionDetected
message="The host I/O cache for at least one controller is disabled and the
medium '/home/punith/VirtualBox VMs/DevCloud2/devcloud2-newww-disk1.vmdk'
for this VM is located on an ext4 partition. There is a known Linux kernel
bug which can lead to the corruption of the virtual disk image under these
conditions.*

pre-setup , i have also disabled the DHCP ,

is the devcloud2.ova broken ??

thanks,

regards

punith s