cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So few votes on the 4.2 release
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:55:27 GMT
Sebastien,

I could/would have voted +0 as I don't have a clear picture of the
quality of the release.

this once again comes down to testing in 72 hour and automating it.

Daan

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am changing the subject of the [RESULTS] thread for the 4.2 release.
>
> On Sep 10, 2013, at 4:12 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi <animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com>
wrote:

>> The vote has *passed* with the following results (binding PMC votes indicated with
a "*" next to their name:

>> +1 : Edison*, Chiradeep*, Sebastien*, Prasanna*, Rajesh Batala, Ove Ewerlid
>> -1 : Marcus*, Chip*, Simon Weller
>>

> FWIW, I am very disappointed by this vote. The result does not matter, the number of
people voting is worrisome to me.

> We have over ~70 apache committers on CloudStack, why didn't people vote ?
>
> -sebastien
>
>> I'm going to proceed with moving the release into the distribution repo now and work
on release notes and other documentation tasks

>> The -1 are recorded for the CLVM issue [1]. A fix for this issue is available and
fixed in 4.2-forward branch and will be available for  4.2.1. If anyone needs the fix now
they can cherry-pick from 4.2-forward with commitId f2c5b5fbfe45196dfad2821fca513ddd6efa25c9.
This issue will be release noted.