cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][SIMPLIFY] Future ACS RC testing
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:24:18 GMT
Sebastien,

Are you thinking november in Amsterdam, or before?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 11, 2013, at 5:25 PM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
>
>> As mentioned on private, I think the reason we have so few responders when it comes
to voting - is because it takes considerable amount of time to build, test and QA. And if
you take voting serious as everyone should, you have to QA before you can vote.

>> Perhaps we should spent some time on automation and take an automation step further.
>>

>> My next dream project is to create a set of 3 virtual appliances.
>>

>> Set 1:
>>
>> 2 KVM Hypervisors preconfigured with NFS
>>
>> 1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code
>>

>> Set 2:
>>
>> 2 XEN Hypervisors preconfigured with NFS
>>
>> 1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code
>>

>> Set 3:
>>
>> 1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code
>>

>> Set 3 get a bit hairy because of Virtual Center and licensing, so we abstract it
and let folks QA what they have.

>> Do you find this approach useful, or do you believe the build tests we do is sufficient?
>>
>> Who can join or atleast share scripts they use to automate provisioning of KVM and
XEN hosts?

>> I'm looking for set of "post" scripts they can configure XEN and KVM end 2 end.
>>
>> Thanks
>> ilya
>
> Ilya, I think this is in-line with what Marcus is proposing.
>
> In another thread on testing I proposed to have a meeting where anyone interested in
testing can join and where we can hash out a plan, then report back to the list.