cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Question about hypervisor snapshots
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2013 23:21:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple questions regarding how hypervisor snapshots work in
XenServer and ESX through CloudStack.

For XenServer, let's say I have a root disk on SR1 and a data disk on SR2.

1) If we take a hypervisor snapshot, do we snapshot both disks by default?

2) Assuming we do, is the snapshot always stored with the disk it is a
snapshot of on the same SR?

3) Assuming they are, will the entire snapshot process fail if there is
insufficient space on any SR?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*