cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Phillips <mphilli7...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Security Groups
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:02:43 GMT
So that is definitely going to be the issue. I missed that in the 8.2.7 section of the install
guide.

> From: Sangeetha.Hariharan@citrix.com
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Security Groups
> Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:19:16 +0000
>
> If you are using Xenserver hosts , can you make sure you have the CSP packages installed?
>
> -Thanks
> Sangeetha

If I have created a zone with the "DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService" network offering,
then created a VM using the default security group, which has 0 ingress rules, I should NOT
be able to do things like PING that VM correct? The answer to the above question was answered
"correct"...My next question is, in that case what are some things I could look at to see
why it's not behaving as expected.