cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Creating an instance with ssh key pair
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:48:45 GMT
SSH script pulls only the ssh public key that is associated with the vm instance.
There is an API to reset the SSH key pair associated to the VM. This is will associate new
ssh key pair to the vm and on reboot of vm this ssh script gets the new ssh public key into
the VM.
If you can modify the ssh script in the vm to append the new ssh public key to the authorised_keys
file we can use both old and new ssh key pair.

-Harikrishna

On 12-Sep-2013, at 9:35 PM, Travis Graham <tgraham@tgraham.us> wrote:

> Will this only pull down one key pair or can it pull down many? We have a need to pull
in our keys as well as all of our customers keys.

> If the script can only pull down one, we can make it work, but would be nice to pull
down all keys from the project an instance is associated with.

> Travis
>
> On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Sangeetha Hariharan <Sangeetha.Hariharan@citrix.com>
wrote:

>> To deploy Vm using ssh key pairs  you will need to use a template that has SSH Key
Gen Scripts in it.
>> Only then you will be able to  ssh into the instance using ssh key.
>>
>> -Thanks
>> Sangeetha

template" from the cloudstack setup, then will the SSH to vm using the keyPairFlieLocation
always work?

keys? as explained in 5.2.1 section at http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Installation_Guide/using-sshkeys.html

>> In short, Is the SSH using keyPairFileLocation -  template dependent or will it always
work if I provide ssh key pair while creating instance and use normal template?