cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <h...@trippaers.nl>
Subject VmWare SDK to vijava
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:09:28 GMT
Hey all,

This is something we wanted to do for a long time, but never got started as far as i know.
With some time on my hands i've made some progress on this. I just pushed the branch vmwaresdk-to-vijava
to git. In this branch i've changed the poms to use the vijava library (version 5.1) and i've
started fixing all resulting compile errors.

It is not a complete drop in replacement, but apparently just enough to make it work with
a few changes. The major issues i've encountered so far by working my way through VmwareResource.java
are
 * changes to enums, slightly different naming convention for the values
 * vijava used arrays where vmware sdk uses lists
 * changes names of exceptions.

I've fixed all compile issues in VmwareResource.java at the moment and i will keep at it.
If somebody want to pitch in, feel free. Just pick a file with compile errors and fix it :-)

So far i've not focussed on the potential benefits of the vijava library, let's get it compiling
first so we can do some testing with the new library.

Is anybody planning some major work on the vmware stuff in CS? If you do, please let me know,
so we can coordinate otherwise this will be a bother to merge into master eventually. ;-)

Cheers,

Hugo