cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject DatabaseUpgradeChecker and running from eclipse
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:58:45 GMT
So I run ACS from eclipse for development, but DatabaseUpgradeChecker
does the following

String currentVersion =
this.getClass().getPackage().getImplementationVersion();
                 if (currentVersion == null) {
                     currentVersion =
this.getClass().getSuperclass().getPackage().getImplementationVersion();
                 }

Which results in currentVersion = "1.6.0_45" which is the package
version of java because the super class is java.lang.Object.  So upgrade
fails.  So I always comment out the DatabaseUpgradeChecker.  Changing
the super class to ManagerBase also works around the problem sorta
(currentVersion == null, so it just does nothing).

What are others doing?  In general I want to get rid of any use of
getImplementationVersion() as it makes development annoying.

Darren