cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (fourth round)
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:56:20 GMT
I am very disappointed that 4.2 will be released without fixing
longstanding documentation problems.
There is no point is asking us to file JIRA issues if the developers are
not going to fix them.

The first impression for CloudStack is made in the installation docs. It
is makes the whole project look amateurish  when the installation does
not work.

Ron

On 10/09/2013 4:12 PM, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:

> The vote has *passed* with the following results (binding PMC votes indicated with a
"*" next to their name:

> +1 : Edison*, Chiradeep*, Sebastien*, Prasanna*, Rajesh Batala, Ove Ewerlid
> -1 : Marcus*, Chip*, Simon Weller
>
> I'm going to proceed with moving the release into the distribution repo now and work
on release notes and other documentation tasks

> The -1 are recorded for the CLVM issue [1]. A fix for this issue is available and fixed
in 4.2-forward branch and will be available for  4.2.1. If anyone needs the fix now they can
cherry-pick from 4.2-forward with commitId f2c5b5fbfe45196dfad2821fca513ddd6efa25c9. This
issue will be release noted.

--
Ron Wheeler
President