cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OOM killer and Routing/System VM's = :(
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 18:30:17 GMT
On 09/04/2013 11:15 AM, Roeland Kuipers wrote:
> It would be nice to see that the VPC router config is persistent across reboots even
when rebooted outside cloudstack and using the same mechanism as the other system vm's to
make things more consistent and reliable.

> What is your opinion on this? Otherwise will add it to our backlog to contribute improvements
in this area.

This isn't terribly helpful for your immediate customer issue, but I'm
in the process of putting together a proposal for a new approach to
managing the System VMs.  Lots of things will change, but it will cover
the the case where the VM reboots itself or somebody does it from the
hypervisor.  The VM will come back up and its current configuration will
be restored.

It is a rather ambitious change so don't expect to see it done for a
couple months.

Darren