cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Shepherd <darren.s.sheph...@gmail.com>
Subject documentation/wiki is a mess
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:10:28 GMT
The state of documentation and especially the wiki is a mess.  I'd like
to help clean this up, but I can't seem to reconcile the difference
between the XML documentation and the wiki.  Personally I feel the wiki
should be for development.  The XML should be installation and admin
guides only.

Additionally, another general complaint I have is that features are
basically only documented in the "4.x Design Documents" sections.  This
is not very useful and makes it impossible to find anything.
Additionally those documents are really more a statement of work.  There
should be a section for the design of cloudstack, organized into
functional areas.  So one can actually navigate the design.

The state of documentation of an open source projects says a lot about
the community that develops it...

Darren