cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Travis Graham <tgra...@tgraham.us>
Subject Re: Creating an instance with ssh key pair
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:04:39 GMT
Will this only pull down one key pair or can it pull down many? We have a need to pull in our
keys as well as all of our customers keys.

If the script can only pull down one, we can make it work, but would be nice to pull down
all keys from the project an instance is associated with.

Travis

On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Sangeetha Hariharan <Sangeetha.Hariharan@citrix.com> wrote:

> To deploy Vm using ssh key pairs  you will need to use a template that has SSH Key Gen
Scripts in it.
> Only then you will be able to  ssh into the instance using ssh key.
>
> -Thanks
> Sangeetha

from the cloudstack setup, then will the SSH to vm using the keyPairFlieLocation always work?

as explained in 5.2.1 section at http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Installation_Guide/using-sshkeys.html

> In short, Is the SSH using keyPairFileLocation -  template dependent or will it always
work if I provide ssh key pair while creating instance and use normal template?