cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Release Criteria
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:52:33 GMT

> > A broken master also slows down other devs. I can't remember the
> number of times I've been debugging master for hours to find out something
> broke it.
> >

> so how do we enforce this ?

I'm so glad we raise this point.  For some time now, Prasanna, Amogh, Frank, and a number
of others have been working on getting continuous integration working on CloudStack.  I've
mentioned it before but because of the releases, the work's been delayed.  I think they are
pretty close now so I like to propose it here.

I've talked about it on here [1].  What do everyone think?  I specifically left out the bits
about whether we should use gerrit.  That's more which system we use to implement the review
part but I think we should get to the point where no matter who it is, their checkins are
not committed to the master/release branch unless it has passed BVT/Regression tests.   That's
the only way to ensure that master is always stable.

--Alex
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Automated+Tests+Rules+and+Guidelines