cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Release Criteria
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:23:51 GMT
> Well in the apache model committers are nominated.  So basically we should
> trust our committers.  So I'm going to say we enforce this by having good
> discipline.  In really not a fan of adding more process.  In communities where
> gerrit is used its usually done in a model where anybody can commit, so
> you're forced to have a rigid process.  We should take nominating committers
> seriously and committers should know best.

Darren,

I think you're actually malomg the argument for gerrit is the right process for us.  You're
assuming ACS committership is granted based on code  but, in actuality, it is granted based
on participation and a bit of code.  It's been discussed before.  Given that, then it just
makes sense that all code contribution should be treated the same way with reviews.  Gerrit
is a better way to implement this process than the review board.

--Alex