cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Support OVA files with multiple disks for templates and uploaded volumes in VMWare
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:12:00 GMT
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 05:54:55AM +0000, Likitha Shetty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, Cloudstack only supports Template creation based on OVA files containing a
single disk. If a user creates a template from a OVA file containing more than 1 disk and
launches an instance using this template, only the first disk is attached to the new instance
and other disks are ignored. Similarly with uploaded volumes, attaching an uploaded volume
that contains multiple disks to a VM will result in only one VMDK to being attached to the
VM.

> This behavior needs to be improved in VMWare to support OVA files with multiple disks
for both templates and uploaded volumes. For e.g. If a user creates a template from a OVA
file containing more than 1 disk and launches an instance using this template, the first disk
should be attached to the new instance as the ROOT disk, volumes should be created based on
other VMDK disks in the OVA file and should be attached to the instance.

+1, but question.  Why VMware only?