cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] UI: New look and feel
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 01:09:49 GMT
Looks great Brian!

One request actually.  I'm working on a proposed cloudstack.apache.org
site redesign right now, and I'd actually love to get the relevant CSS
you used for the header area (faded blue).

It might be nice to have some relationship between the cs.a.o branding
and the product itself. ;-)

(watch the marketing list for my site redesign proposal shortly)

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:11:07PM +0000, Brian Federle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In addition to the CSS code cleanup I'm working on, I am planning a 'reskin' of the current
UI to give a better user experience and look and feel. This will utilize SASS and a grid system
as I have discussed in the previous thread.

> I created a task in JIRA and wiki functional spec, which has screenshots of what I've
done so far and what I plan to do:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Update+UI+visual+appearance

> You can also checkout the ui-restyle branch on git, if you are able to manually compile
the cloudstack.scss file via SASS (that will be automated in the future). I can send over
instructions on how to compile SASS manually; it's pretty easy to setup.

> Let me know what you think so far :)  I'll of course up and post more screenshots as
I get more done. This reskin is only changing the CSS mainly, with minimal changes to actual
usage or JS code, so it is basically a drop-in replacement for the current styling. I'm hoping
to get this in by 4.3, so please give me feedback on anything from the current UI you don't
like or want changed, and I can see about improving it.