cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: contrail virtual network controller
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:54:34 GMT
I think the best way for this to happen, is for the code to be published
in a couple of logical patches to reviews.apache.org as a way to get
community agreement that we should bring it into the codebase.

See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Review+Board+Guidelines

You should re-base against master first.

Once we have the review(s) available, I can start a formal VOTE to
accept the donation (I assume that this is a large chunk of work), and
then I can work with you as the sponsor of the donation to the ASF.

Once the IP assignment is handled, we would likely commit the code into a
feature branch, so that tests could be added (if they aren't in the initial
donation) before we bring it into master.

Pedro, does this work for you?

-chip

to get accepted by Apache. The process is described here http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/.

> Which release are you targeting the Contrail plugin? Apache CloudStack is on a 4 month
release cycle and we are just concluding the current release. The next release is ACS 4.3.0
and for which tentative feature freeze date is October 31st. Let us know if you have any questions