cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][SIMPLIFY] Future ACS RC testing
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:27:11 GMT

On Sep 15, 2013, at 8:24 PM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sebastien,
>
> Are you thinking november in Amsterdam, or before?

I was thinking about a conference call - way before Amsterdam-

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 11, 2013, at 5:25 PM, "Musayev, Ilya" <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
>>
>>> As mentioned on private, I think the reason we have so few responders when it
comes to voting - is because it takes considerable amount of time to build, test and QA. And
if you take voting serious as everyone should, you have to QA before you can vote.

>>> Perhaps we should spent some time on automation and take an automation step further.
>>>

>>> My next dream project is to create a set of 3 virtual appliances.
>>>

>>> Set 1:
>>>
>>> 2 KVM Hypervisors preconfigured with NFS
>>>
>>> 1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code
>>>

>>> Set 2:
>>>
>>> 2 XEN Hypervisors preconfigured with NFS
>>>
>>> 1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code
>>>

>>> Set 3:
>>>
>>> 1 CloudStack MS with latest RC code
>>>

>>> Set 3 get a bit hairy because of Virtual Center and licensing, so we abstract
it and let folks QA what they have.

>>> Do you find this approach useful, or do you believe the build tests we do is
sufficient?

>>> Who can join or atleast share scripts they use to automate provisioning of KVM
and XEN hosts?

>>> I'm looking for set of "post" scripts they can configure XEN and KVM end 2 end.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> ilya
>>
>> Ilya, I think this is in-line with what Marcus is proposing.
>>
>> In another thread on testing I proposed to have a meeting where anyone interested
in testing can join and where we can hash out a plan, then report back to the list.