cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sowmya Krishnan <sowmya.krish...@citrix.com>
Subject Marvin tests for VPC - why create VPC offering?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 05:15:16 GMT
I find for most of the VPC tests we create a new VPC Offering which provides almost the same
set of services as the "Default VPC Offering" already available by default. We also have a
separate function to create this offering, enabling it and then create a VPC using this offering.
I wonder why do we have to create vpc offerings for each test suite. Also, we don't expose
create VPC offering in the UI. We do have an API for that, but I think we should just stick
to the default ones available and then create network offerings as required for the test.

Except for one test suite - test_vpc_offerings.py, where we are actually testing vpc offerings,
I don't think we should be creating vpc offerings elsewhere. Comments?