cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we be releasing -beta releases?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:42:14 GMT
On 31.07.2013 16:30, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:04:50AM +0100, Nux! wrote:
>> On 14.05.2013 15:41, Chip Childers wrote:
>>> As a way to get more user feedback on our major feature releases,
>>> what
>>> does everyone think about releasing one or two -beta releases for
>>> each
>>> major feature release?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What has been decided? Will we see any 4.2 betas?
>>
>> Lucian
>>
>> --
>>
>> Nux!
>> www.nux.ro
>>

> I think that we realized that the upgrade support problems are
> significant enough to make this difficult right now.  Consider it an
> aspiration for the future.

To be honest even "unsupported" betas might be good. I'd be willing to
test betas even without upgradability to "stable", just to see what to
expect, what's new, what's good, what's bad etc.
I'm sure there are many like me.
Sure, I can download and build it myself, but it would've been much
more convenient to have some RPMs on cloudstack.apt-get.eu; plus, not
everyone is comfortable building RPMs or from source etc.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro