cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: upgrade path 4.1.1 -> 4.2/master
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 14:43:16 GMT
My comments inline.

Thanks
Harikrishna
On 01-Aug-2013, at 7:05 PM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Harikrishna,
>
> I suppose I have to register those templates before upgrading; i.e. in
> the 4.1.1 version management server.
Yes. in 4.1.1 these templates are registered as USER templates. During upgrade to 4.2 these
are converted to SYSTEM templates

> Is this procedure described somewhere?
Usually upgrade instructions are given in the release notes.
For 4.1 upgrade you can look at Chapter 4 http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Release_Notes/upgrade-instructions.html#upgrade-from-4.0-to-4.1

> Do I bake the templates myself first or should I use publicly offered templates?
No need to prepare templates. I guess there is some discussion happening for place to download
system templates.
You can download these templates from jenkins URL http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/view/master/job/build-systemvm-master/

> thanks,
> Daan
>
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Harikrishna Patnala
> <harikrishna.patnala@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Hi Daan,
>> Before upgrading to 4.2 we need to register the new system templates for each hypervisor
with specific names so that during upgrade these new templates are set to the system vms.
>> It is mandatory to upgrade the system vm template if we want upgrade to 4.2.
>>
>> Here seems like you have a Xen cluster. So you need to register xen system template
with name systemvm-xenserver-4.2.