cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vijayendra.bhamidip...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Change history lost for upgrade sql script schema-412to420.sql
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:48:17 GMT
Hi Alena!

My apologies, I think I got this wrong, will look at fixing it (removing it from 4.2 and putting
it into master). But then I have a question - without these changes in 4.2 , if QA tests an
upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, the db upgrade would fail - how do we get around it?? Or should we
ask QA not to upgrade 4.1 to 4.2 until 4.1.2 gets released? Will customers ever have a situation
where they have to go from version 4.2 to 4.1.2??

Regards,
Vijay

From: Alena Prokharchyk
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:53 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Vijayendra Bhamidipati
Subject: Re: Change history lost for upgrade sql script schema-412to420.sql

It is possible to bring the history of the upgrade file. But why 412 - 42 is in 4.2 branch
- thats wrong. As 412 wasn't released yet, and there is a chance that it can be released after
4.2 is out.

We should include the "x to y" upgrade path to the y release branch only when the x was released
already. So 412-42 should exist in master branch only at this point.

Can you please fix it.

-Alena.