cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Binary diff and hot patch
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 21:50:48 GMT
I was wondering if we can use binary diffs to hotpatch ACS.

Currently, the way for me to identify what patch could have caused issue X, would be  - try
to find the suspects - it could be several. Revert 1 commit, rebuild and retry, if failed,
restore previously reverted commit, revert 2nd commit, rebuild and retry - etc..

As you can see, this is very time consuming and painful, I'm wondering if there is a better
way to do this. I came across a project called javaxdelta on sourceforge - curious what your
thought on this may be, and if there is a better way to try out patches instead of what I'm
doing now.

Thanks
ilya