cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Change history lost for upgrade sql script schema-412to420.sql
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:59:23 GMT
  1.  No backwards upgrade from 4.2 to 4.1.2. Only 4.1.2 to 4.2 should be supported.
  2.  At this very moment QA should test upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.2 while being on 4.2 branch.
As 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 upgrade can get more changes given the fact that 4.1.2 is still in development
(and these changes can come even after 4.2 is released), QA shouldn't test 4.1.2-4.2 db upgrade
just yet.

Lets wait a bit before removing it from 4.2 – in case we get more input from the community
on the subject of how to handle the db upgrade for the case when 4.1.x gets new releases along
with 4.2.x.

-Alena.

From: Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com<mailto:vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:48 PM
To: Alena Prokharchyk <alena.prokharchyk@citrix.com<mailto:alena.prokharchyk@citrix.com>>,
"dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Change history lost for upgrade sql script schema-412to420.sql

Hi Alena!

My apologies, I think I got this wrong, will look at fixing it (removing it from 4.2 and putting
it into master). But then I have a question - without these changes in 4.2 , if QA tests an
upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, the db upgrade would fail – how do we get around it?? Or should
we ask QA not to upgrade 4.1 to 4.2 until 4.1.2 gets released? Will customers ever have a
situation where they have to go from version 4.2 to 4.1.2??

Regards,
Vijay