cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.2 Quality Question
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:49:53 GMT
H Mike,

Make sure you write plenty of unit tests for whatever methods you need
for the features you are implementing. You can not exaggerate for a
while. Coverage is behind quite a bit and I am not a betting man, so I
bet there is going to be a 4.2.1.

In short: I share your concern.
Daan

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Sudha Ponnaganti
<sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I have similar concern as well.
>
> We have regression and BVT tests running daily on 4.2 branch locally besides manual validation
of the defects and impacted areas. Even though we would not be able to catch all the issues,
several regressions were caught  and you can see the defects by using [Automation] in subject
line for 4.2.  This type of turnaround is quite uncommon for releases but 4.2 has too many
features and some of the feature implementation has been  done very late which is causing
high inflow. All fixes should be coming in for Critical and blocker defects only at this point.

> Thanks
> /Sudha

a potential release of the product). Is this normal? Unless we have a super great suite of
automated regression tests, it makes me concerned about the potential quality of the product.