cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Physical Network / Guest Network / Service Offering Interactions for Basic Networking
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 10:10:49 GMT
:) great,

I had to step through the createNetwork code quite a lot for creating
a private vpc gateway, before I found out it worked ok.

Daan

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Soheil Eizadi <seizadi@infoblox.com> wrote:
> Following up this thread, I initialized my database and created a new deployment and
verified that everything worked fine with creating a shared guest network for basic networking
using a different NetworkServiceOffering other than the default "defaultSharedSGNetworkOffering.
> -Soheil
Networking

> Thanks for the replies, I posted the message as I was going to fix it and submit a patch
but wanted to know if there were any issues I should be aware of in this area.

> Actually the problem is not with ConfigurationServerImpl, but with the call to CreateGuestNetwork().
I am actually a little confused because today I got some cycles to debug this and found that
when I created a bogus zone with a XenServer that did not exist, the wizard ran all the way
and created the defaultGuestNetwork and the Network that got created had a proper service
map! So now I am puzzled why it did not work for the first network I created. I guess I need
to initialize my whole system and see why the first time it did not work properly and report
back. (May be pilot error and it was not set to proper service offering when the wizard was
run.)

> I stepped through the NetworkServiceImpl and NetworkManagerImpl logic for CreateGuestNetwork()
and they were all working fine with a NetworkServiceOffering other than the default "defaultSharedSGNetworkOffering",
in my case I create a defaultInfobloxSharedOffering.

> Here is the what the service map looks like for the network 225 that was created, I have
my plugin providing DNS service: