cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Storage Plugin for CloudByte
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:20:25 GMT
Feel free to take a look at the SolidFire plug-in I developed for 4.2. I
built it to support QoS (Min and Max IOPS guarantees), which may be of
interest to you.

In 4.2, it works for Disk Offerings only (hopefully Compute Offerings, as
well, in 4.3).

Also, since the hypervisor plug-ins needed to be changed for my purposes
(to support a one-to-one mapping between a volume on the SAN and a
CloudStack volume), it only supports XenServer and VMware in 4.2. I expect
to extend that support to KVM in 4.3.

You should probably work with me and John Burwell (CCed here) as you
develop your plug-in since there may be additional changes to the storage
framework for 4.3 that could impact your work.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com