cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: DevCloud2 not working with 4.2
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:14:19 GMT
Still can't get DevCloud2 to work with 4.2 (updated 4.2 again today).

Anyone else seeing this?

I can get a CS env up and running if I create a zone manually.

Thanks


On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been trying to get DevCloud2 running with the most recent from 4.2,
> but keep getting tons of exceptions (some of which are below).
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> With the 4.2 RC build slated to happen soon, I wasn't expecting any
> problem getting 4.2 to run.
>
> Thanks!
>
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: callHostPlugin failed for
> cmd: getVhdParent with args snapshotUuid:
> 9482d1aa-6dc2-413e-80df-0a4610307e50, isISCSI: false, primaryStorageSRUuid:
> 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260,  due to There was a failure
> communicating with the plugin.
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.callHostPlugin(CitrixResourceBase.java:4188)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerStorageProcessor.getVhdParent(XenServerStorageProcessor.java:823)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XenServerStorageProcessor.copyTemplateToPrimaryStorage(XenServerStorageProcessor.java:868)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.resource.StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.execute(StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.java:70)
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.resource.StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.handleStorageCommands(StorageSubsystemCommandHandlerBase.java:49)
> at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:617)
>  at
> com.cloud.hypervisor.xen.resource.XcpOssResource.executeRequest(XcpOssResource.java:143)
> at
> com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.run(DirectAgentAttache.java:186)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> INFO  [storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:) releasing lock
> for VMTemplateStoragePool 1
> WARN  [utils.db.Merovingian2] (consoleproxy-1:) Was unable to find lock
> for the key template_spool_ref1 and thread id 85262930
> INFO  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:) Unable to
> contact resource.
> com.cloud.exception.StorageUnavailableException: Resource [StoragePool:1]
> is unreachable: Unable to create Vol[2|vm=2|ROOT]:Catch Exception
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException for template +  due to
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: callHostPlugin failed for
> cmd: getVhdParent with args snapshotUuid:
> 9482d1aa-6dc2-413e-80df-0a4610307e50, isISCSI: false, primaryStorageSRUuid:
> 9f3f9262-3f77-09cc-2df7-0d8475676260,  due to There was a failure
> communicating with the plugin.
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.recreateVolume(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2534)
> at com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.prepare(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2582)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:886)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:576)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:569)
> at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:556)
>  at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:928)
> at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1672)
>  at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:111)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
>  at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-12:) VM does not
> exist on XenServer9d4c9db8-32f7-25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (consoleproxy-1:) ReservationContext
> was null for
> NicProfile[5-2-d1b1e79b-354b-4c5c-a66c-afab5396970e-192.168.56.101-vlan://untagged
> Ntwk[204|Guest|6]
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (consoleproxy-1:) ReservationContext
> was null for NicProfile[6-2-null-null-null Ntwk[202|Control|3]
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (consoleproxy-1:) ReservationContext
> was null for NicProfile[7-2-null-null-null Ntwk[201|Management|2]
> WARN  [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:)
> Exception while trying to start console proxy
> com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create
> a deployment for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-2-VM]Scope=interface
> com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:840)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:576)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:569)
> at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:556)
>  at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:928)
> at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1672)
>  at
> com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:111)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
>  at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> INFO  [storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl] (secstorage-1:) Unable to acquire
> lock on VMTemplateStoragePool 1
> ERROR [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:) Failed to start
> instance VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-1-VM]
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createBaseImageAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:420)
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createVolumeFromTemplateAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:542)
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.recreateVolume(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2526)
> at com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.prepare(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2582)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:886)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:576)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:569)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.startSecStorageVm(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:267)
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.allocCapacity(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:696)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.expandPool(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:1300)
>  at
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:123)
> at
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:50)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:104)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-11:) VM does not
> exist on XenServer9d4c9db8-32f7-25c3-0435-eab4bf3adcea
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (secstorage-1:) ReservationContext was
> null for
> NicProfile[1-1-6e882a9e-e122-41f7-802e-f7b887f978be-192.168.56.100-vlan://untagged
> Ntwk[204|Guest|6]
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (secstorage-1:) ReservationContext was
> null for NicProfile[2-1-null-null-null Ntwk[202|Control|3]
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (secstorage-1:) ReservationContext was
> null for NicProfile[3-1-null-null-null Ntwk[201|Management|2]
> ERROR [network.element.SspElement] (secstorage-1:) ReservationContext was
> null for NicProfile[4-1-null-null-null Ntwk[203|Storage|4]
> WARN  [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:)
> Exception while trying to start secondary storage vm
> com.cloud.exception.AgentUnavailableException: Resource [Host:1] is
> unreachable: Host 1: Unable to start instance due to null
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:982)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:576)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.start(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:569)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.startSecStorageVm(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:267)
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.allocCapacity(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:696)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.expandPool(SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:1300)
>  at
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:123)
> at
> com.cloud.secstorage.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.scanPool(PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java:50)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:104)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:33)
>  at
> com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:81)
> at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.run(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:72)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
>  at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createBaseImageAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:420)
>  at
> org.apache.cloudstack.storage.volume.VolumeServiceImpl.createVolumeFromTemplateAsync(VolumeServiceImpl.java:542)
> at
> com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.recreateVolume(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2526)
>  at
> com.cloud.storage.VolumeManagerImpl.prepare(VolumeManagerImpl.java:2582)
> at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:886)
>  ... 21 more
>
>
> --
> *Mike Tutkowski*
> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
> o: 303.746.7302
> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
> *™*
>



-- 
*Mike Tutkowski*
*Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
*™*

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message