cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject [Discuss] Making CloudMonkey simpler to use for admin tasks
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:13:09 GMT
I needed a different configuration than DevCloud provided, so I turned to CloudMonkey to automate
setup of my test environment.

This led to a blog on automating with CloudMonkey at http://dlafferty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/using-cloudmonkey-to-automate.html

What I forgot to mention is that automation would be a lot simpler if we were to do the following:

1.       Update Apache CloudStack logging to provide API calls in a tidy format that can be
fed directly.  E.g. POST parameters are not logged,  GET parameters are URL encoded.

2.       Update CloudMonkey to allow username / password authentication

3.       Update CloudMonkey to not be picky about the case of command parameters when 'api'
command used.

4.       Update CloudMonkey to allow filter option to be used with 'api' command.