cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Merge] Minimal Hyper-V Plugin
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 01:35:09 GMT
Hi Donal,

Can you please share me the scripts for zone setup!.
I had tried your branch, while setting up sec storage currently there is no CIFS type.
Another issue is, after adding the host and localstorage is enabled restarting the management
server is causing again the localstroage to be get created and it fails to create it and host
moves to Alert state.
Just want to know, Implement network is supported? Creating the virtual switch and configuring
vlan, and internal network?
Curious to know how the boot args will be passed to the system vm. As they are Linux based,
and KVP component will be able to determine the guest os type info only when integration services
are installed.
 But I was not able to figure out how to push the data from Host to Guest in case of Linux
guest with Integration services installed.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Donal Lafferty [mailto:donal.lafferty@citrix.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:19 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [Merge] Minimal Hyper-V Plugin

A plugin for Hyper-V control is available for CloudStack.  The plugin implements basic VM
control;  however, its architecture allows additional functionality to be easily added.  Incorporating
the plugin in CloudStack will allow the community to participate in improving the features
available with Hyper-V.

The plugin uses a Director Connect Agent architecture described here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Progress

This links provides details of third party libraries used by the plugin including their licenses.
 No source for these libraries is used, and the binaries are downloaded from their distributors
at build time.

No proprietary tools are required for the build.  For instance, C# compiled with Mono has
been tested.  Therefore, the plugin has been added to the default build and the default deployment.

The plugin includes unit and functional tests that can be triggered at build time.  See the
link above for details.

The Apache header is applied to source and where feasible to build config files.

The source is the https://github.com/lafferty/cloudstack/tree/hyperv_plugin

Finally, the review request is at https://reviews.apache.org/r/13922/

Testing?

Integration test:  created zone with CIFS secondary storage, added Hyper-V host, registered
templates, create/stop/start/destroy VM.  Scripts for zone setup are available on request.

Functional & unit tests:  the Java versions are part of the build.  The C# versions were
run inside Visual Studio's Test Explorer.